Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Anti-Christian Violence

CatholicCulture.org Latest Headlines...

from Bishop Urges Christians to leave Iraq:

“I say clearly and now-- the Christian people should leave their beloved land of our ancestors and escape the premeditated ethnic cleansing,” said Archbishop Athanasios Dawood, one week after a massacre at the Syrian Catholic cathedral in Baghdad. “This is better than having them killed one by one.”

(Watch an interview with Archbishop Dawood here.)


and from Iraqi priest, torture victim leads school esteemed by Muslim neighbors:

Father Douglas al-Bazi, a Chaldean Catholic priest...has decided to stay in his Baghdad neighborhood despite being kidnapped and tortured in 2006. “It’s not that I’m a hero-- I don’t care about that,” the priest says. “I care about staying with my people. My people never asked me to be a hero, they just want to see me here with them.”

Genocidal violence in Iraq has been escalating against Christians since 2003.

MORE:
Iraqi Christians' long history
Wave of anti-Christian violence spreading in Iraq
Baghdad church hostage drama ends in bloodbath
Death toll rises to 58 in Iraq church standoff
All Christians 'targets,' Iraqi militant group says

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...