Sunday, October 3, 2010

Life Chain 2010

by Fr. Frank Pavone, M.E.V.

God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 
we come into your presence in His name.

We have heard the voice of your Son,
And therefore we can make our voices heard.


We have been justified in the blood of your Son,
And therefore we can oppose every form of injustice.

We have repented of our sins,
And therefore we can lead the sinner to repentance.


We have done battle with the power of evil,
And therefore we can have compassion on those still within its grip.

We have been freed from the kingdom of darkness,
And therefore we can bear witness to your Kingdom of Light.


Lord, as we come before you today, 
we repent, we resolve, and we rejoice.

We repent of every instance
in which fear has made us silent when we should have spoken.
We repent of the ongoing bloodshed in our land,
And for ever daring to think that we can deprive the unborn 
of protection but keep it for ourselves.


We resolve that we will work more generously to advance your Kingdom.
We resolve that we will advance the cause
of righteous candidates for public office, 
And that we will be more afraid of offending you by our silence
Than of offending the IRS by our speech.

We resolve that we will declare boldly to our people 
that no public official who fails to respect the life of a little baby
can be trusted to respect our lives.


Father, today we rejoice, because 
we are not simply working for victory - we are working from victory.
The victory of life, truth, and grace has been won 
by your Son's death and Resurrection.
Today we hear his voice again.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. 
I hold the keys of death and of hell. 
Behold, I make all things new."


Father, we rejoice that we have been made new,
And as we work to renew our culture
We look forward to the great day of his coming,
When every eye will see him, even of those who pierced him,
And every knee shall bend, 
and every tongue confess, to the glory of God the Father,
JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!

In his Blessed Name we pray. Amen!


The former site of the Mahoning Women's Center, the last abortion mill in our diocese, now closed--a direct result of the building's purchase this past spring by Mahoning Valley Health, a PRO LIFE group dedicated to upholding the sanctity of every human life from conception to natural death.

Obstructed view from inside the clinic.
Lord, remove all that obstructs our vision
that we may know Your truth.
All photos from the Life Chain that gathered on Market Street in Youngstown, OH.

for more pro-life resources, visit www.priestsforlife.com.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos and what an absolute blessing to have been there! Send me what you have and I will send you what I have. I will be working on a post this week!

Gina said...

Can't wait to read it, Robin! I'll send you the rest of my pics this afternoon--please forward them on to everyone you can.

Being inside that building, walking through those rooms, even after its been sanctified, profoundly affected me. I can only begin to imagine what you experienced walking through that place while it was operating, Robin.

I am so thankful to God that He opened my eyes further to what places such as that did to us, and continue to do to us. I think it will take time for me to find the words.

Anonymous said...

It sure does. It leaves a mark on you. It took many hours before I could truly pray, other than short prayers, after the first time I was there. When I was able to, I wept. That was my prayer. God has shown his hand and it falls to each and everyone of us to carry the work out.

X said...

Powerful post and photos. Thank you for sharing and thank you both for the work that you do for the protection of the unborn.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...