Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Only In God

A mighty angel picked up a stone like a huge millstone and threw it into the sea and said: "With such force will Babylon the great city be thrown down, and will never be found again." After this I heard what sounded like the loud voice of a great multitude in heaven saying: "Alleluia! Salvation, glory, and might belong to our God, for true and just are his judgments."
Rev 18:20, 19:1-2

Until last night, I had no clue what went on in the world since Friday at 5 o'clock. My husband and I spent most of the weekend in our yard tending our lawn and flowerbeds. Plus Saturday night we attended a wedding reception, so I kind of fell out of the loop regarding what's going on in the world. I therefore spent about an hour last night surfing the Internet for some news.

As I clicked through the pages, I couldn't help but be overcome with sadness. The world changes before our eyes. How many of us ("us" being all of humanity) put our faith and trust in this world?

I, for one, do not:

2 comments:

Mar said...

Hi Gina! This site is great for sharing reflections. I love this clip of JMT! The world changes and the Holy Spirit moves --- "like the wind, we do not know where it comes from or where it is going". (Gospel of John:3) All I can say, sister, is to holllllddddd on to the Holy Spirit and He takes us through it all to the glory of The Father. Remember that Jesus loves you and this is where we find our peace. Love you --- Mar xo

Gina said...

Hi Mar! Thank you for reading! I hope you come by often. Jesus IS where we find our peace, as he is constant in an ever-changing world. LOVE YOU TOO!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...