Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dust and Ashes

It's been far too long since I posted something. Months! What kind of Catholic writer/blogger am I? Pictures, videos and linked articles are simply not the kind of work that I should be doing. Honestly.

So I've decided that for Lent I will post something original every day. (Does this count? No? Drat.) It may not be pretty, but it will be original. So here goes...

* * * * *


Yesterday afternoon I asked my husband which Mass he wanted to attend today.

"After work. Who has a 7:00?"

"That late?" I asked. "Why not first thing in the morning?"

"Because I'd rather go in the evening."

"But no one will see your ashes."

"I don't get them for everyone to see. I get them for me."

Well said, Eddie Ray. Thanks for the reminder.





2 comments:

Debbie said...

So glad that you will be posting again, I miss your words of wisdom daily! I like what Ed had to say about the ashes:-) Give him a hug from me!!

Gina said...

Hi Debbie, I will---the shout out in your talk the other night gave me motivation. That and Nancy's daily nag!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...