Monday, June 27, 2011

I'll give it to the parish priest, he at least mentioned the feast of Corpus Christi yesterday.

He gave it back when he tried to legitimize Sr. Gimme U. Money's prattling on about missions instead of giving a homily.

"In the spirit of knowing that we are the body of Christ," he droned, "we warmly welcome Sister by giving her our full attention."

I leaned over to my husband and whispered, "don't put one dime in that second collection basket."

"Are you kidding?" he replied, "I'm thinking about skipping the first collection as well."

During the little spiel, I discovered that it's our Diocese that plans these little mission talks. There are two every year: one on the Solemnity of Corpus Christi, the other on the Feast of Christ the King.

Needless to say, I'm devistated.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...