Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Weekend Getaway with the Lord

We prayed. We sang. We laughed. We cried. We worshiped.

We escaped the world and all its trappings to encounter our Lord like never before.

I watched a group of tired, weary, reluctant women transform into little girls again under the watchful eye of a Loving Father. They learned just how powerful a Christian Community inspired by our Lord Jesus to do incredible acts of selfless love can be. They died to themselves and opened their hearts to the Holy Spirit, rediscovering the Lord dwelling within them.

Our Lord has most definitely blessed Youngstown Cursillo Women’s Weekend #59. Thank you all for your prayers!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN GINA< AMEN.......love, janet

Gina said...

Janet, you added to the joy. I'm so proud that you're my sister in Christ. LOVE YOU!

Joe Strain said...

So glad to hear the weekend was a success... Praise God and the Grace that he gives to us.
Handsome Joe

Anonymous said...

This weekend certainly was annointed by Our Lord. I saw Him walk among the women, and I saw His beautiful Mother mixing with the women after the rosary. It is hard to express just how much were were blessed by the Lord. In spite of the heat and the many obstacles, God prevailed. Wow and whew...what a weekend. Thanks Gina for music that touched our very souls...I love you. . .N

Gina said...

Joe, thank you so much for your prayers! I apologize for taking this long to reply, but had to get caught up. Thank you for all of your prayers.

Gina said...

N, I LOVE YOU TOO...thank you for working so hard to keep us on schedule, and for being my mentor. You're knowledge AND LOVE of this movement is evident in everything you do, and inspires me to continue the work!

ULTREYA!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...